Sunday, April 18, 2010

Murder

I know I haven't written in a long while. Honestly, I haven't cared to.
I haven't written in anything.

I just get so sick of things sometimes, but I won't go into detail. I just think I am hard to work with sometimes (for the record the other person isn't the easiest to work with either. Would it kill you to validate a girl?)

Thought from Easter: Do you think Jesus could have physically died of old age? Would this earth, the body, have purposefully killed him, or do you think that maybe the only way he could have died was though us? I don't know if he could have died any other way then murder.

2 comments:

  1. I deem your questions somewhat irrelevant because Jesus was sent to be killed in our place. If Jesus was to die at old age, there was basically no point in God sending him because we're already dying of old age via the fall of man. Throughout the Old Testament, there is this undying sensitivity to the wrath of God towards us sinners. We were doomed to die at His hands whether we liked it or not; there was no hope whatsoever. Along comes our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. God put himself in the form of man and sacrificed Himself so that we may have hope in a new life. Jesus absorbed the wrath of God through trials, bloody beatings, and death on a cross.

    The key point I am trying to make is that there is a distinction between dying of old age and dying at the hands of God. For lack of a better term or phrase, dying because we get old is nothing new. Death by the wrath of God, however, we cannot fully understand. His wrath would be our punishment for our sins. We would have no choice but to take it. We can't save ourselves. Therefore, Christ took the hit. And better yet, he rose from the dead to defeat death as we know it so that we can live eternally on new earth in new flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, man, I'm thinking about whether Jesus could have been physically killed any other way. Hypothetically. He the forces of nature listened to him, angels would catch him if he jumped off the temple, I don't think an animal would have attacked him, so how else could he have died? I think humans, the ones who brought sin and death into the world, were the only things who could inflict those things on Jesus. We were the original bearers, and I think we are the only ones who could have/would have killed him off. At least, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Followers